With Microsoft `s Win10 Evergreen strategy, Windows updates no longer only deliver patches and bug fixes, but complete system updates including new features. This should make traditional migration projects superfluous and, what is more
- Win7 already expired in 2016, currently bugfixing seems to be guaranteed only until 2020
- The release cycles of major functional updates (twice a year Win10 Creator updates) are very short
- Business applications must be constantly tested against the current Win10 Workplace kernel to ensure that they run properly
In addition to Windows 10 Workplace, innovations must be implemented faster, i.e. high-frequency configuration changes of the workstation become the rule.
Modern client workstations map business processes with office, collaboration and business applications in a complex infrastructure.
For the Workplace Manager, in addition to virtualization, backend services and corporate policies, agile IT processes are the cause of ever faster update cycles. Heterogeneous workplace variants (e.g. fat clients, VDI, App-V, XenDesktop, mobile devices) extend the challenge in the "Evergreen" age.
These QA tasks are met with automated test runs, which primarily verify the basic functionalities of the systems and standard applications. Ideally, company-specific specifications (policies, guidelines, etc.) are mapped via configuration. The test cases for your business applications can map a horizontal or vertical test depth according to your requirements - across the workflow.
With Keep IT Green as a complete TA suite, you have a fully comprehensive TA solution at your disposal that can be used quickly and efficiently with the "out-of-the-box" testsets.
Enterprises should continuously conduct comprehensive application testing with Windows as a Service and Office 365 in mind in order to assess the actual impact on the IT infrastructure and application landscape.
- Resource-saving use of standardized test scripts with company-specific extensions
- Flexible execution using as many timeslots and test resources as possible
- Detailed logging of test execution
- Detailed information on each test machine per test run (hardware and software configuration)
- Audit-proof data management
Out-of-the-box solution for testing system settings and basic functionalities
(Office & collaboration)
Due to the non-invasive character of Eggplant Functional, all business applications (incl. legacy) can be tested within Keep IT Green.
Testing from the user's point of view enables the quick implementation and testing of the actual user experience in order to guarantee highest user acceptance and user satisfaction.