The products are combined in the Keep IT Green Test Automation Suite and, as a system integrator, we provide all necessary services and project planning for successful implementation.
With Keep IT Green (KIG), Mentopolis provides a complete TA suite that organizes and centrally controls your TA projects as well as mapping the TA lifecycle.
The Evergreen testsets for the IT Workplace Manager allows immediate, customized deployment for regression tests on Win10 workstations and mobile devices.
Only systematic rapid technological developing (EEP programming instead of scripting) on the basis of powerfull function libraries and highly flexible parameter handling make it possilbe to rapidly create and variable test cases and execute them.
An audit-proof repository as the company-wide basis for analysis, metrics and reporting centrally manages all data (including test systems) as an RDBMS.
TA Studio offers the test manager the complete workflow in the operational TA lifecycle:
- Test configuration: projects, scenarios, modules etc. as well as test execution takes place here
- Test execution: all test modules and eggplant components are controlled via TA Studio
- Test evaluation: all results including analyses and statistics are centrally available
Core elements of TA Studio are the GUI (TA Studio interface) and a relational database as repository, which communicate with the eggplant modules (diagram).
TA Studio as the central administration and control module:
- Management of the entire test automation process including project, customer, test scenarios, test modules, etc.
- Repository (relational database incl. historization, versioning, HW/SW assignments)
- Reporting and statistics module
- Configuration: parameter management
- Control and scheduling of test execution (via eggplant components)
- KIG Libraries for Enhanced Eggplant Programming
The Evergreen test sets provides fully automated regression tests for the continuous verification of the functional capability of Win10 workstations.
The out-of-the-box Evergreen test sets solutions tests system and services for Win10 end devices and can be individually customised and extended to satisfy your governance and policy rules.
The Evergreen test sets comes with predefined test modules for the fundamental Win10 test areas:
- Operating System
- Net Security
- Cloud Services
- Applications (WEB & business)
You define, we develop and operate
Due to the non-invasive approach of eggplant-based technology and the KIG Suite (methods & solutions), we can offer our customers a real "Test Automation-as-a-Service".
- The customer determines the systems to be tested, the relevant business applications and names workflows or use cases
- The customer determines where our test laboratory is located: whether in the customer cloud, on-premise or in our cloud
- We specify the corresponding test cases, develop the EEP test scripts and configure YOUR KIG system for operation. This means that development and operation can be freely scaled at any time
Knowledge transfer "Practical application of eggplant and KIG"
The content is jointly aligned agreed in line with customer wishes.
In addition to an introduction, the content is designed to reflect the future focus "TAaaS" or "Competence Center".".
- Introduction to the architecture and configuration of the customer-specific environment as well as an overview of the "Keep-IT-Green" solution, definition and explanation of all involved eggplant and KIG components for TA customer projects and workplace management
- KIG methods: TA project management and development with "Enhanced Eggplant Programming" (EEP) incl. KIG repository
- Best practices: pragmatic methods and solutions of customized eggplant testsets and monitoring of results
- Dedicated evaluation of customer requirements in TA as the basis for recommending "next steps" and TA strategies
- Aims: familiarization of decision-makers with technologies and strategies
Recommendations for this:
- "Getting started" with eggplant and Keep IT Green
- "TA development" with KIG methods and repository
- "Live KIG implementation" with Enhanced Eggplant Programming
- "Best practices" geared to customer requirements
- "Next steps" options for TA project planning and strategies
Our expert test automation team, with its focus on eggplant and KIG, offers you support for YOUR original customer goal in your TA projects:
- Setup, configuration and maintenance of the test environment (test laboratory, test machines [SUTs], integration of eggplant and KIG components, etc.)
- Rapid design and development of your test cases (use case goes test case, test case goes test script, test script goes test run)
- Knowhow transfer and consulting in establishing and expanding as in-house TA Competence Center (CC)
Our approach prioritizes the direct implementation of your test automation and at the same time allows the transfer of know-how for independent implementation to take place.
We are happy to support you over the complete TA process chain
- Specification (technical concept, test case description and methodical test case design)
- Development (eggplant scripting, Enhanced Eggplant Programming, integration of KIG libraries and EEP parameters)
- Interface and API development (interfaces to monitoring & test tools, automated process triggers)
- Operation (operation of test execution with administration, configuration and optional integration in TA Studio)
- Analysis (evaluation of test runs, fault diagnosis and reporting/statistics)
PoC (proof of concept): eggplant test automation
Proof of the suitability of the eggplant modules for test automation in the workplace environment
- Mentopolis installs EP system for familiarization purposes
- Incl. 3 days on site with briefing and connection of 1-2 test machines (SUTs with basic Win10 image or similar)
- Customer provides test infrastructure (server, clients)
- No licencse costs while PoC runs
- Customer can evaluate technology and test basic functionalities for workplace use
PoC (proof of concept): KIG solution for test management and automation for Evergreen IT
Feasibility assessment of "Keep IT Green" test automation in customer’s production environment (incl. customer test cases)
- Provision of a productively deployable KIG test laboratory
- Incl. eggplant components and the "Keep IT Green" suite (TA Studio, KIG repository & Evergreen IT workplace test sets)
- Commissioning and customer-specific configuration
- Implementation of two use cases in the customer infrastructure
- Customer defines own use cases, design & implementation in EEP and KIG, verification of feasibility & performance testing
- No licencse costs during the test period of 30-60 days
Realization of customer-specific solutions for test automation (fixed price or according to expenditure)
- KIG specification (use case goes test case)
- Realization of individual test cases for system and business applications
- Initial project on request according to phase model:
- Conceptual planning of use cases, design of test cases and EEP development
- KIG complete solution for planning, controlling and execution of all TA tasks with workplace and business application checks
With TA Studio, Mentopolis provides a complete TA suite that manages and centrally controls its eggplant-based TA projects and displays them in a highly flexible manner via EEP.
On the one hand, we focus on the realization and optimization of customer-specific requirements in test automation. On the other hand, fully automated regression testing for workplace management is the center of the finished testset solutions.
The combination of eggplant technology and KIG solution is particularly suitable for use in the test areas of regression, E2E and mobile devices, as well as so-called "business testing".
KIG methods and tools allow the rapid implementation of test requirements. With the help of non-invasive test automation and a focus on functionalities from the end customer's point of view (testing of user stories, safeguarding the expected user experience), high test coverage can be achieved even with short or tight release cycles.