Our test automation expert team with the focus on eggplant and KIG offers you the support for YOUR original customer goals in your TA projects :
- Setup, configuration and maintenance of the test environment (test laboratory, test machines (SUTs), integration of eggplant and KIG components, etc.)
- Rapid design and development of your test cases (use case goes test case, test case goes test script, test script goes test run)
- Knowledge transfer and consulting in establishing and expanding as in-house TA competence centre (CC)
When we are deployed, we prioritize the direct implementation of your test automation and at the same time the transfer of knowledge for independent implementation.
We are happy to support you over the complete test automnation process chain
- Specification (technical concept, test case description and methods-based test case design)
- Development (eggplant scripting, enhanced eggplant programming, integration of KIG libraries and EEP parameters)
- Interface and API development (interfaces to monitoring & test tools and automated process triggers)
- Operation (test execution with administration, configuration and optional integration in TA Studio)
- Analysis (evaluation of test runs, fault diagnosis and reporting/statistics)
To make recurring test efforts more efficient, Mentopolis offers an eggplant-based test portfolio with "Keep IT Green", which is easily extendable and can be tailored to business requirements.
The non-invasive approach of the underlying eggplant technology and the KIG suite (methods & solutions) enables us to offer our customers real "Test Automation-as-a-Service".
The customer determines the systems to be tested, and names the relevant business applications including use cases. We specify the corresponding test cases, develop the test scripts and configure YOUR KIG system for operation. This means that development and operation can be freely scaled at any time.
We only need remote access (VNC, RDP) to the GUI of the test objects. No relevant SW installations. No consultant teams on site at the customer.
Just real "Test Automation-as-a-service".
Real means: the customer submits his test requirements and gets back the finished results for the defined test objects. The customer determines the frequency of execution.
Real means: the customer determines where our test laboratory is located - whether in the customer cloud, on-premise or in our cloud.